By Anete Freimane
Developing a sense of personal style and feeling confident and well-put-together begins with the creation of a wardrobe that matches your lifestyle and goals.
Here are some tips to assist you in creating a wardrobe that is tailored to your needs:
1. Assess your lifestyle: Think about your daily routine. Are you primarily outside or in an office? Attending formal or informal events? If you lead a more active lifestyle, you should wear clothing that is both comfortable and functional, such as athletic wear or casual, comfy clothing. If you have a more sedentary lifestyle, you may opt for clothing that is more stylish and put-together. Climate is also a factor to consider when choosing clothing. In colder climates, you may need warmer clothes. In warmer climates, wear lighter, breathable clothing. Knowing your lifestyle will help you to select clothing that is appropriate and comfortable for your daily routine.
2. Set your goals & define your personal style: Think about the image you want to project and the goals you have for your personal and professional life. Are you seeking career advancement or social success? Take some time to think about the clothing styles and colors that you are drawn to. Are you attracted to classic, timeless styles or do you prefer more trend-forward looks? Knowing your personal style will help you to select clothing that makes you feel confident and comfortable.
3. Invest in quality: Invest in high-quality, well-made clothing that will last for years. These pieces will be worth the investment in the long run, as they will look better and last longer than cheaper, fast fashion items.
4. Create a versatile wardrobe: Choose clothing that can be mixed and matched to create different outfits, this way you will have the opportunity to wear everything you own more often. For example, a little black dress or a well-tailored blazer can be dressed up for a formal event or dressed down for a casual occasion.
5. Review and edit your wardrobe: Regularly review your wardrobe and edit it. Get rid of clothes that no longer fit, are out of style, or that you no longer wear. When deciding what to keep and what to giveaway, ask yourself, “Do I really love it?” Is it flattering on me? And does it reflect who I am and what I want to portray today and moving forward?
By following these tips, you will be able to put together a wardrobe that is right for you and your goals. Remember to keep in mind your personal style, quality over quantity, and be mindful of your budget.
To learn more about mastering your personal style, check out my online express course here or contact me at email@example.com for personal styling services.
Instagram – @stylebyanete & @stylist_concept