Try LGBTQ+ Restaurants in Houston
What if we told you that you could eat AMAZING food while supporting and advocating for your Houston LGBTQ+ community? Well good news. YOU CAN! Our Girl Sesh team has pulled together a list of some of our favorite LGBTQ+ owned restaurants that serve up all the delicious-ness. See any we didn’t mention? Let us know!
- HAROLD’S – Located in the heart of the Heights, Harold’s focuses on serving quality cuisine and hospitality. They pride themselves on sourcing ingredients from local farmers for a fresh and seasonal menu. Harold’s is open for lunch, dinner, happy hour and weekend brunch – dine in or outdoors, curbside pickup or deliver free within 5 miles to your home or work. We recommend trying out the taproom and make your way up to the rooftop terrace.
- BARNABY’S – Barnaby’s has taken over almost every part of Houston – and we’re honestly okay with it. With locations in the Heights, River Oaks, Museum District, Midtown, Woodway, Fountainview, Downtown, and 2 off of Fairview, Barnaby’s is more than likely just right around the corner! Made in honor owner Mike Lane’s childhood dog, Barnaby’s encourages guests to bring well-trained dogs and treat them to their very own doggy meal! Spoil your precious pooch and treat yourself to their wide variety of gourmet American Food. The sweet potato fries are a must!
- SPARROW – Chef Monica Pope is taking on Houston by a storm with her multifaceted food business. She connects local farmers to consumers through her cooking classes and experiences. She is the only female in Texas to be named a Top Ten Best New Chef. Take a cooking class, or indulge in her curated catering!
- MICHAEL’S COOKIE JAR – With three locations in the Houston Area, The Cookie Jar is a cookie lovers dream. We encourage you to try out the Tanglewood location – pair the variety of delightful cookies with a Boomtown espresso or Sweet Cup Gelato. It’s worth all the calories.
- LA SICILIA ITALIAN BAKERY AND CAFE – O.M.G. My mouth is watering just thinking about this food. Chef Chiarello serves quality versions of classic dishes as well as daring new ventures. The intricate cuisine is inspired by Chiarello’s home in La Sicilia. You can not go wrong with the Italian cookies or croissants. It’s a must try!
- KOFFETERIA – In the East Downtown neighborhoods, Koffeteria was built with the intention of bringing people together. Chef Vanarin Kuch chose to open this restaurant where his relatives used to operate seafood & doughnut shops. Koffeteria combines Asian cuisine with non-Asian flavors to create a magically whimsical eating experience.
- DUMPLING DUDEZ – Husbands & business partners Mike and Chih left the corporate world and jumped into their dream. They have had a love for the tradition that dumpling making is since hosting dumpling parties as a young couple. Mike and Chi are now sharing that love & passion through their dumpling cooking classes. Customers can pre-order dumplings for pickup a week in advanced. If you order before June 28th, 50% of proceeds will go towards the Montrose Center who supports LGBT Homeless youth through Hatch Youth.