In this episode of season 3 we’re speaking again with Carrie Colbert of Curate Capital. This episode is part of our Outspoken series, where we speak to experts and get their personal takes on headlines, current events and topics impacting our community. Today we hear from Carrie on the High Standards & Consequences for Female CEOs which comes from a trend we’ve witnessed in media coverage of female founders from Glossier, Refinery 29, Thinx, Cleo and more are quickly ousted from their companies after what appears to be a few missteps.
- Book Mention: Rocket Fuel
- Fortune: https://fortune.com/longform/female-founders-startups-the-wing-away-outdoor-voices-ceos/
- NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/10/business/outdoor-voices-ty-haney-mickey-drexler.html
- Vox: https://www.vox.com/2018/10/31/17960156/what-is-the-glass-cliff-women-ceos
- Refinery 29: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/03/9549004/female-founders-toxic-workplace-culture-outdoor-voices-away
- Inc.: https://www.inc.com/rebecca-deczynski/dominos-customer-pickup-incentive-labor-shortage-staffing.html
- Rice: https://business.rice.edu/wisdom/features/charismatic-founder-ceos-behavior